Friday, February 03, 2006

An unexpected visit

Geoff trotted up the stairs to his flat on the south side of the Kings Cross estate. He felt pleased with himself not only had he got paid by those corporates but by the Sun too. He'd become a minor celebrity in his manor. His article had allowed others to come forward with details of Issacs past and make a bit of loot out of it too. He didn't really feel guilty either, Issac was probably six feet under after the raid on his hideout a few months back.
He unlocked the barred gate picked up his milk and opened the insided door. Pushing his thumb into the milk top he flipped the paper to the back page.
"Hello Geoff"
Geoff dropped the milk
"You must've expected a visit from me after all the crap you told the Sun." Vault stood up and walked over.
"The Sun, I mean couldn't you have picked a better paper? I always fancied myself in a Guardian article. The weekend magazine perhaps." Vault paused, looked up at Geoff and shook his head. The mask remained expressionless.
"So I've had a long think about this and I've decided not to throw you out of the window, but I do have a little job for you" He patted Geoff on the shoulder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home