Sunday, August 07, 2005

A Room With A View

Light started to filter through my cornea and past an opening in my iris, my crystalline lens focused the light onto my retina via the vitreous whilst photoreceptor cells transformed this light into electrical signals that were being transmitted to my brain through the optic nerve. My brain then conducts the complex operation of visual processing and I can see.

All this happened in an instant but I could sense it all as if in slow motion. I could feel how every part of my body responded to tiny changes in air temperature or humidity. I felt alive for the first time in my life. I looked around and I was in a white room, it could almost be described as a padded cell, with no window or natural light. I wasn’t tied down, but I was locked in.

I was also wearing a bracelet. A metal I didn’t recognise, silver in colour and cool to the touch, with a small red jewel on the underside. I tried to slip it off but with no success. With no answers forthcoming to the multitude of questions I had there was only one thing to do……………..wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home