Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A Walk In The Park

I decided a stroll was in order to clear my thoughts. My mind had been going round and round in circles trying to make sense of it all and I wasn’t getting any closer to my next steps. Maybe I should go to a doctor? Maybe a shrink? Maybe I should do a search on the internet against my symptoms? What if I am really ill? I might have a life threatening disease? But what about the note? I could be going crazy.

I sat down on a park bench and looked out at London spread out before me. It put a smile on my face thinking of this great city where I lived and I momentarily felt relaxed and content. I took a deep breath of the air around me and could smell the grass and hedges around me damp with moisture from the rain this morning. I could hear the buzz of insects and the singing of the birds. A constant hum was starting to strain my ears and the smell was becoming intoxicating. A sudden pain in my head took me by surprise and I wanted everything to stop, the noises, the smells, everything. I couldn’t see, I cried out in fear, I didn’t know where I was. I collapsed onto the soft uncut grass.

I felt someone over me and they said something incoherent. They then touched my head and stroked my hair in a soothing way. Their words started to form into sentences I could understand. It was a women’s voice.

“You are ok. You are breathing and your heartbeat is normal. You are ok”

I opened my eyes to the sight of The Girl. She filled my vision looking down at me with concern in her eyes and voice. She was beautiful.

“Can you get up?” she asked

My mouth was dry and I couldn’t make any noise apart from a murmur in response. She helped me to my feet and offered to walk me home. Again, I just nodded, rather than make speech like any other human. Who is this girl I thought to myself but I never asked and she didn't offer up the information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home