Sunday, February 19, 2006

Nathan

I first met Nathan a month ago but I’ve laid low since, on his advice. He told me he would find me when he found out more information. He didn’t offer up much about himself but I’m not in a position to test allegiances. I have to go for my instinct and my instinct tells me to trust him.

I wonder into the Slaughtered Lamb just before lunch and put my request to the barman. He acknowledges me and tells me to come through to the back.

“Nathan” I state, bringing myself to his attention.

Nathan is sitting at his desk reading a newspaper held open in front of him that covers his face. The main headline is about some fire that was out of control at a warehouse. Two people died apparently, cause unknown. He slowly closes the paper and places it on the desk revealing his well worn face, penetrating eyes and grey, wiry hair that stands out at unlikely angles.

His face warms, “Julian aka L35214, funny you should appear today. A package arrived this morning with some interesting if not disturbing news. You had better take a seat”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home