Saturday, May 20, 2006

Mudlark

A man in his early twenties stood by the entrance to the Covent garden Tube. "Big Issue, Big Issue", he yelled at the Saturday afternoon shoppers.

As usual, nobody paid much attention to him. He was dirty, smelly and not particularly attractive. He didn't care though, it was all a front, James had other things on his mind.

"I'll take all of them."

"What!?" James replied, brought suddenly out of his thoughts.

"The Big Issues, I'll take them all."

James thinks it over for a few seconds. "Yeah... What ever mate, that's twenty-five quid."

"There you go... Oh, and somebody told me, you were the man to talk to if you needed things..."

James lifts his hand over his head and vigorously rubs his greasy hair. "And who exactly told you that mate?"

"Well... I did actually, but that's beside the point. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Daniel Scott and you are of course James, or should I call you Mudlark?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home