Wednesday, July 20, 2005

16:30 at Sandown

It's been two days since the incident with the mirror... Did it really happen, or was my mind playing tricks on me? Needless to say, I've been avoiding that mirror like the fucking plague. It's been two days... Am I a man or a mouse!

I stand in front of the mirror, T-shirt soaked in sweat and my heart pounding so hard it hurts. I force myself to look, to look at the scary monster in the mirror... My own reflection.

Nothing out of the ordinary. I breathe a sigh of relief, is there a hint of disappointment on my face.

"Blood Money - 9 to 1, 16:30 at Sandown. Put my entire £3000 savings on it".
Did I just say that! It looked like I did, but I would swear on my mothers grave that I didn't utter a word.
"Do it, or else!"

I walk out of the flat, clutching my HSBC bank card. I light a cigarette to calm my shredded nerves, take a pull, then toss it into drain before heading to the nearest Ladbrokes.

'The memoirs of Daniel Scott'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home