Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Adrenalin

I strode across the concrete and small grass verges which made up the estate. I was lucky enough to be on the outskirts where you can vaguely convince yourself that the place is not a rat hole. Darren "Lefty" Wright lived right in the bowels of the place and liked it that way. A convenient hub for his "business" dealings and deep enough into the estate for Police to not really bother him too much.

Hoping up the stairs trying to keep my momentum and not lose my bottle I quickly made it to his floor. You could hear the speed garage bass thumping as I started along the landing.

Who'd wanna be Lefties neighbour?

Lefty had been a year or two older than me at school and had terrorised many a kid in my year. Lucky for me I had Geoff and his crew to back me up and had avoided any serious confrontation with him. I knew from Geoff that he really didn't have much in the way of backup. He was pretty small fry but had enough cash hanging around for it to be the right price for me.

I pulled my hood over my head and tested the newly discovered voice synth....the adrenalin was pumping. I rang the doorbell (my heart raced) A shadow appeared in the frosted glass (my mouth dried) the door opened slowly....

Filed in:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home