Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Walking In The Air

My prison cell, as this is what I likened it to, was about ten meter squared. I sat for what seemed liked days feeling the atoms of life float around me. Occasionally food and drink would be passed through a hatch in the locked door. For some reason I felt very peaceful and calm during this time, so unlike the days before I was brought here.

Something happened today though. I was lying down thinking of The Girl, drifting off to sleep. In that moment when your body is asleep but your mind is still awake I felt myself drift away from my body. I was suddenly a fluid form able to fly through the air. I was part of everything around me. I looked down and there was my body looking peaceful on the bed. I flew over to the door and looked through the keyhole. I moved myself closer and closer to the keyhole and before I knew it I was in the keyhole pushing through to the other side.

I found myself in a corridor. I looked back at the door and there was a label on it;

L35214

I traveled down to the next door and the label read;

K65958

I peered through the keyhole and there was another person asleep in a room identical to mine. I only looked for a moment before I heard footsteps echoing down the corridor towards me. I panicked. Not sure what to do I just stood there, floated there, or whatever it is I was doing. I was frozen. The person, dressed in a white lab coat came towards me, never showing a hint of acknowledgement or surprise that I was there. As he came closer he walked straight through me.

This felt very strange. I was too exhilarated to do anything else. I flew back to my body, lied down, and I awoke in my body. A mischievous smile appeared on my face as I said to myself,

“This is going to be interesting”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home