Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Don

Funny how these things happen, isn't it?

One minute you're the local cripple the next you're standing there like Marlon from the opening scene of the Godfather.

I "had words" with Calvin and we came to a working arrangement. After minutes of discussion he was happy to be my eyes and ears around the place. Merely 24 hours after that, I began getting visits from various people around the estate looking for help with one thing or another.

"I just need to know they aren't going to smash my place up again!" Mr Nehruni pleaded

I paced up and down my lounge floor rubbing my chin. I'd known Mr N for a long time. As a teenager he sold us ciggies when others would have turned us away for being too young. Strange when I thought about it but I did feel like I owed him one. He'd always been kind enough and often helped out when I struggled in the early days of the wheelchair.

"I can pay you"

I placed my hand on his shoulder.

Relax, I'll get it sorted. You wont have any trouble again and as for the money it isn't necessary. I'm sure you'll help me when I'm in a bind."
Filed in:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home