Friday, September 16, 2005

Apothecary

I checked the comic book again... there it was in black marker over the top of the ads for whoopie cushions, x-rays glasses and Charles Atlas promising manhood in 7 days. This must be the place... it looked like a cross between a hippy crystal shop and a chemist. I shrugged what have I got to lose, I can always run.

The bell on the door made a comforting and unsuprising tinkle the one you'd come to expect from a shop of this nature. The place had a musty smell with a back drop of spices and a touch of sulphur.

"Hello?" I said

I jumped back as a tall broad bloke in his late 20's rose from behind the counter.

"Yes?" he replied

"oh I..."

"What you were expecting some crazy witch? They don't post messages in comics for geeks like you to find do they?"

I looked down at the tattered Defenders comic I'd picked up for 20p at a comics fair in Kings cross 3 days ago.

"So you willing to give it a try then?"

I wanted to run but I wanted to see if his claims were true.... He stepped round the counter and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Come with me my friend, your humdrum life is about to take a turn for the better."

Filed in:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home