Sunday, August 21, 2005

Getting Out

The last few days have been spent looking for an escape route. I have been exploring the whole complex. Every night I have ventured further from my room testing the limits of this power. I have found that the further I traveled the less clear is my vision. It is as if my vision becomes blurred at the edges and becomes increasingly cloudy in the centre. I also find it is very tiring using this power for a sustained period of time.

I now believe I have a way out. It appears that every couple of days I get an injection of some sort that wipes me out for about twenty four hours. I am not sure what these injections are for as there are rooms that even in my astral state I can’t get into and I am sure it is these rooms that hold the key to why I am here. It is during this time I expect to make my mistake.

At roughly the allotted time, as it is never exact, I am outside my room waiting. A person comes up to my door and starts to unlock it. The speed with which I can return to my body and be functioning is frightening and within seconds I am up and behind the door. The door opens and I seize the man by the arm, at the same time grabbing the needle from the tray he is holding. The tray falls to floor making a large clanging noise. Shit. I can’t help that. I push the needle into the poor guys neck. Poor Guy! He is part of it I tell myself. He deserves everything he gets. A well of anger rises within me for the first time since I have been here. I run out the room and take a right pass the room where I saw the other guy sprawled upon his bed. No time to help I have got to get out of here. I know the route by heart and within sixty seconds, before even sirens have signaled an escapee I am out in the open air.

I run to the fence, up an over, ten feet of steel fence with barbed wire at the top but handy foot holes help my way. My clothing tears but I’m out and the forest looms ahead of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home